Did you know there are less calories in Guinness than most light beers? Check out these other fun facts about everyone’s favorite St. Pats brew:
- It takes 119.5 seconds to pour the perfect pint of Guinness.
- Every day, 10 million glasses of Guinness are consumed around the world.
- The first Guinness book of world records was published to help settle pub arguments.
- The Guinness Brewery signed a 9,000 year lease in Dublin.
- It was the first beer to use nitrogen.
- Britain and Africa are the largest consumers of Guinness in the world. (Ireland is 3rd.)
- Guinness was one of the first trademarked products in the world.
- It was originally marketed as a health product to help with influenza and insomnia.